USPS Tracking Number Format:- USPS United states postal service gives its customer United States Post Office tracking number for most all its parcels. It is a Unique code with the help of which it becomes possible for you to make your parcel trackable. This USPS tracking number is also called a Parcel number or classification number. Now, people have become very busy, and they always want to remain stimulated with everything. USPS Tracking number is a support that helps the consumer to get end to end information about the delivery of their package. That means tracking service, and you can get all knowledge about your shipment right from the start of your property to the end of the shift. Thus the tracking tools service helps the customers to stay in order of mind by helping them to get the latest update of the purchase of their package.
USPS Tracking Number Formats
Service Sample Number
USPS Tracking® 9400 1000 0000 0000 0000 00
Example :- 9361289695090573292843
USPS Priority Mail® 9205 5000 0000 0000 0000 00
USPS Certified Mail® 9407 3000 0000 0000 0000 00
Collect On Delivery Hold For Pickup 9303 3000 0000 0000 0000 00
USPS Global Express Guaranteed® 82 000 000 00
USPS Tracking Number Format Service Sample
Priority Mail Express International® EC 000 000 000 US
Priority Mail Express® 9270 1000 0000 0000 0000 00
EA 000 000 000 US
Priority Mail International® CP 000 000 000 US
Registered Mail™ 9208 8000 0000 0000 0000 00
Signature Confirmation™ 9202 1000 0000 0000 0000 00
Your USPS tracking number can be located in the following places:
- Your Post Office™ shipping slip
- Your sales slip if you bought insurance at the Post Office™
- Your email authentication if you shipped from USPS.com
- The shipping verification email you received from an online retailer
- The bottom peel-off part of your USPS Tracking® label
If a parcel passes for the USPS Delivery Instructions™ service, you can tell USPS were to drop a box at your address, send it to a separate address, or send it to your Post Office.
Click Change Delivery Instructions on the tracking results side to leave your application. If you do not see the Change Delivery Instructions link, your parcel is not eligible for the Delivery Instructions assistance.
No “Delivery Instructions” Link
There are several causes a packet may not be qualified for Delivery Instructions.
Ineligible cases may have:
- Already left the Post Office for shipment
- A Hold Mail application
- A Forward Mail application
- A military (APO/FPO) or DPO address
- A global sender
- A Delivery Subscription request
- A Collect on Delivery (COD) offer
- An active USPS Package Intercept® order
- Insurance for $500 or more
USPS Tracking® – The Basics
How do I access tracking information?
The type of tracking and delivery information available is based on the class of mail or add-on services you purchased at the time of mailing. Whether you are the sender or recipient, you can track your item:
- Online: Use USPS Tracking® on the United States Postal Service® website.
- By text: Send a text to 28777 (2USPS) with your tracking number as the content of the message. Standard message and data rates may apply.
- By smartphone: Download the USPS Mobile® app for iPhone® and Android™.
- By phone:
- To obtain tracking information, customers can go to Contact USPS for the phone number and hours of operation.
- For telecommunications device for the Deaf/Teletypewriter (TDD/TTY), call 1-800-877-8339.
- Listen to automated information 24 hours/seven days per week.